    When I plug in my headphones, sound still comes out from the speakers. I
    need a way to turn the speakers off so I can use my headphones quietly
    without bothering anyone. Any help is appreciated.

    Guest, Jun 12, 2007

    Frenchy Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I plug in my headphones, sound still comes out from the speakers. I
    > need a way to turn the speakers off so I can use my headphones quietly
    > without bothering anyone. Any help is appreciated.

    What sound driver are you using (I am assuming it is on-board MoBo sound
    card)?

    If Realtek HD, then they have updated drivers out a week or so back that
    will fix this problem

    Frenchy

    Frenchy, Jun 12, 2007

    I looked in control panel and in manage audio devices, but I can't find any
    setting to mute the speakers. I also looked in device manager and it doesn't
    show what my sound card is.

    Guest, Jun 13, 2007