Windows XP SP3 Issue?

Reaction score
Anyone had this problem? Windows XP install of SP3> after install loss of wireless connection? In both the cases I have dealt with the W/A used is Netgear WG111v2 USB 2.0 Adapter.

In both instances if I remove SP3 everything works fine. Before I remove I check the settings LAN Etc> remove SP3 and they are as before so I cant pinpoint the problem nothing is changed so therefore it should work with SP3 but it don’t? I am somewhat baffled??:confused:

Googled nothing comes up.

Reaction score
itsme said:
Anyone had this problem? Windows XP install of SP3> after install loss of wireless connection? In both the cases I have dealt with the W/A used is Netgear WG111v2 USB 2.0 Adapter.

In both instances if I remove SP3 everything works fine. Before I remove I check the settings LAN Etc> remove SP3 and they are as before so I cant pinpoint the problem nothing is changed so therefore it should work with SP3 but it don’t? I am somewhat baffled??:confused:

Googled nothing comes up.

A mate of mine had the same problem as you are having..In the end he removed/uninstalled the Wireless adapter then installed SP3..After he reinstalled the Wireless adapter and had no problems

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
A mate of mine had the same problem as you are having..In the end he removed/uninstalled the Wireless adapter then installed SP3..After he reinstalled the Wireless adapter and had no problems

Yes I did that to one of my own PCs that sorted it. The problem is why should that have to be done if nothing has changed in the settings, it doesn’t happen to all SP3 installs just the odd one there must be a cause for it to happen and of course a solution other than the aforesaid. Meaning MS end of the update?:)

Ask a Question