Windows XP SP3 help please

Reaction score
Hi i tried to install XP3 and normally i disconnect my second h/drive as a precaution, but this time i forgot to do it,when xp3 started to install ,and came to the area to format the drive the first time ,i left the file system as it originally was, and after a while installing it came with an error( i cant remember what was the error).
I tried again and than gave it to do a quick format , but it started but after only about 10seconds stopped with an other error, so i thought forget it for now.
When i went to explora, all the stuff i had on my second drive was gone, except an nearly empty windows directory, that is when i realize that it was trying to setup on the second drive, my quition is, is there some software or a way to recover all the data that dissapired ?.

I havent rebooted since than

Thankx in advance

Reaction score
hamrun said:
Hi i tried to install XP3 and normally i disconnect my second h/drive as a precaution, but this time i forgot to do it,when xp3 started to install ,and came to the area to format the drive the first time ,i left the file system as it originally was, and after a while installing it came with an error( i cant remember what was the error).
I tried again and than gave it to do a quick format , but it started but after only about 10seconds stopped with an other error, so i thought forget it for now.
When i went to explora, all the stuff i had on my second drive was gone, except an nearly empty windows directory, that is when i realize that it was trying to setup on the second drive, my quition is, is there some software or a way to recover all the data that dissapired ?.

I havent rebooted since than

Thankx in advance

Have a go with RECUVA. It has got me out of many a sticky jam. Its a prety neet bit of software in my opinion......:thumb:

Ask a Question