    look at all the newsgroups regarding XP__and see that many user's have had
    their computers trashed__I have had enough

    With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

    william smith, Dec 7, 2004

  2. william smith

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > HI ! To all___I am just about ready to format and reinstall XP pro__I will
    > not use SP1 or SP2 until I am sure that ALL shit problems have been
    > resolved___does this mean that I will never install MS updates!!who knows__I
    > look at all the newsgroups regarding XP__and see that many user's have had
    > their computers trashed__I have had enough

    If you are doing a clean install, then once the system is up and
    running, and you've made sure that your computer supports SP2 on the
    vendors site, just install SP2 and join the rest of us with problem free
    SP2 machines.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Dec 7, 2004

  3. william smith

    Alan White Guest

    SP2 installed quickly and easily. Glad I added it to both my machines. The
    few problems that occur to some, are vastly outweighed by the millions and
    millions of successful installations.

    Alan White, Dec 7, 2004
  4. On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:32:06 GMT, "william smith"
    <> wrote:

    >HI ! To all___I am just about ready to format and reinstall XP pro__I will
    >not use SP1 or SP2 until I am sure that ALL shit problems have been
    >resolved___does this mean that I will never install MS updates!!who knows__I
    >look at all the newsgroups regarding XP__and see that many user's have had
    >their computers trashed__I have had enough
    >
    >With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

    I just updated XP that had NONE done since SP1. Thats 10
    updates then SP2 + then 1 more done in 12hrs. All went well
    except 1st attempt at SP2 HUNG. 2nd where I added disabling
    ZApro & ScreenSaver worked OK. Note u must have ~2GB free
    space. Not sure if this is on the HD or partition.

    I was using this as an acid test 4 SP2 which I judged it
    passed. I dont like being a lab rat 4 MS either!!

    HTH-Larry

    Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
    the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
    may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)

    Larry(LJL269), Dec 7, 2004