    appreciated.
    Thanks
    Starlin

    Starlin Dotson, Feb 24, 2010

  2. Starlin Dotson

    smlunatick Guest

    On Feb 24, 12:18 am, "Starlin Dotson" <> wrote:
    > I have a Dell Dimension 8200 desktop and the sound has stopped working.  I
    > have checked all the settings to make sure that the sound is not turned off
    > or turned down.  I checked in the BIOS to made sure the sound is not turned
    > off there.  I tried another set of speakers.  I have reinstalled the
    > drivers, even went to the venders website and downloaded the lastest drivers
    > and installed them. The sound card is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and the
    > device manager says that the sound card is working properly. I have checked
    > and double checked all the settings but can get no sound.  Any help will be
    > appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Starlin

    Check the speakers with a radio or MP3 player, if they use a standard
    1/8 inch stereo jack.

    smlunatick, Feb 24, 2010

  3. Starlin Dotson

    S Dotson Guest

    Thanks smlunatick for the advice. The speakers are working okay. I have
    ordered a new sound card. Hope that takes care of the problem. I plugged in
    a ear bud into the from of the computer and I can hear sound with that in my
    ear. I wonder what that says about the sound card? Anyway I have a sound
    card on the way and will install it when I get it.
    Thanks.

    S Dotson, Mar 3, 2010
  4. Starlin Dotson

    S Dotson Guest

    Correction: That should be "front" of the computer instead of "from" of the
    computer. Thanks.

    S Dotson, Mar 4, 2010