Sound Blaster - Creative Sound Card Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by siljaline, May 19, 2009.

  1. siljaline

    siljaline Guest

    X-Post ~
    Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputable PC shop.
    Now fully repatched to SP3.

    Issue remaining is getting sound to work.

    Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.

    Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
    SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.

    No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.

    Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.

    Silj

    --
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    siljaline, May 19, 2009

  2. "siljaline" <> wrote in message
    X-Post ~
    Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputable PC
    shop.
    Now fully repatched to SP3.

    Issue remaining is getting sound to work.

    Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.

    Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
    SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.

    No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.

    Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.

    Silj

    --
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    Contacted you through your blog contact.. hope they work.. :)

    --

    Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

    Mike Hall - MVP, May 19, 2009

  3. siljaline

    Haggis Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > siljaline wrote:
    >> X-Post ~
    >> Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a
    >> reputable PC shop.
    >> Now fully repatched to SP3.
    >>
    >> Issue remaining is getting sound to work.
    >>
    >> Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.
    >>
    >> Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
    >> SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.
    >>
    >> No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.
    >>
    >> Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.

    > I'm assuming that the customer no longer has the install CD that came with
    > the card? Can you call up Windows Volume Control; i.e., is a mixer
    > installed?
    >
    > dadiOH

    this is one of the links for the driver ....it did not work ??

    http://support.creative.com/Product...digy2&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster

    Haggis, May 19, 2009
  4. siljaline

    siljaline Guest

    Mike Hall - MVP wrote:
    <snip>
    > Contacted you through your blog contact.. hope they work.. :)

    Got it, note sent back to you, thanks !

    Silj

    --
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    siljaline, May 19, 2009
  5. siljaline

    siljaline Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    <snip>
    > I'm assuming that the customer no longer has the install CD that came with
    > the card? Can you call up Windows Volume Control; i.e., is a mixer
    > installed?

    Yup, original installation CD's didn't work, there is something that is just not working.
    Volume works, hisses though, at best.
    When you say "mixer" - *define* please.

    I'm beginning that the sound card has gone tit*s-up.

    Silj

    --
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    siljaline, May 19, 2009
  6. siljaline

    siljaline Guest

    siljaline, May 19, 2009
  7. "siljaline" <> wrote in message

    > Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputable

    PC shop.
    > Now fully repatched to SP3.
    > Issue remaining is getting sound to work.
    > Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.
    > Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
    > SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.
    > No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.

    We need to see the list of what you have already
    checked. E.g. most motherboards come with
    Sound on Board, which means the BIOS has to
    set this item OFF before a SB card will work.
    (Que publishes good checklists in PC Help Desk
    in a Box.)

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, May 19, 2009
  8. siljaline

    dadiOH Guest

    dadiOH, May 19, 2009
  9. siljaline

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 19, 4:50 pm, "siljaline" <> wrote:
    > X-Post ~
    > Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputablePC shop.
    > Now fully repatched to SP3.
    >
    > Issue remaining is getting sound to work.
    >
    > Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.
    >
    > Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
    > SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.
    >
    > No drivers fromhttp://support.creative.comwill work.
    >
    > Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    Have you reinstalled the motherboard chipset drivers? These may help.

    smlunatick, May 19, 2009
  10. siljaline

    siljaline Guest

    smlunatick wrote:
    <snip>
    Have you reinstalled the motherboard chipset drivers? These may help.

    Haven't ventured into the BIOS or MOBO yet, as this would be last-ditch.

    Silj

    --
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    siljaline, May 19, 2009
  11. siljaline

    SC Tom Guest

    "siljaline" <> wrote in message
    smlunatick wrote:
    <snip>
    Have you reinstalled the motherboard chipset drivers? These may help.

    Haven't ventured into the BIOS or MOBO yet, as this would be last-ditch.

    Silj

    --
    <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

    As was suggested earlier, now might be the time to check in BIOS to see if
    on-board sound is enabled or not. I had to do a BIOS recovery a while back,
    and it reset my on-board to enabled. It created havoc with my SB Live! USB
    sound card. I can only imagine the conflicts the on-board sound would cause
    with a PCI card.

    SC Tom

    SC Tom, May 19, 2009
  12. siljaline

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Sometimes, you can find drivers on Creative's foreign websites that are
    not shown on your local website. A product no longer supported in your
    market may still be supported in a foreign market. Might be worth a try.
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, May 19, 2009
  13. siljaline

    dadiOH Guest

    siljaline wrote:
    > dadiOH wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> I'm assuming that the customer no longer has the install CD that
    >> came with the card? Can you call up Windows Volume Control; i.e.,
    >> is a mixer installed?

    > Yup, original installation CD's didn't work, there is something that
    > is just not working.
    > Volume works, hisses though, at best.
    > When you say "mixer" - *define* please.

    I mean the Windows Volume Control applet...sndvol32.exe.

    Been a while since I messed with sound but IIRC you can sit there and
    install drivers all day but you won't get any sound - or the Windows Volume
    Control applet - until the *sound card mixer* is installed. And you get
    that from the card's install CD.

    I have an old SB Live CD but can't run it because I don't have the card
    installed. What you want is what's labled on that CD as "Creative Surround
    Mixer". It *may* - I stress "may" - be the inf in the appropriate windows
    version driver folder on the CD. In the case of WinXP and this particular
    SB CD it may be wdma_emu.inf.

    I *do* recall that the mixer need not be from Creative...I once has a 3rd
    party one, worked fine. Sadly, I can't recall the name.

    Sorry I can't be more precise, maybe you'll get greater detail from one of
    these...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wdma_emu.inf&aq=f&oq=
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+get+sound+blaster+mixer

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 19, 2009
  14. siljaline

    Woger Guest

    On Tue, 19 May 2009 15:54:00 -0400, "dadiOH" <> wrote:

    >siljaline wrote:
    >> dadiOH wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>> I'm assuming that the customer no longer has the install CD that
    >>> came with the card? Can you call up Windows Volume Control; i.e.,
    >>> is a mixer installed?

    >> Yup, original installation CD's didn't work, there is something that
    >> is just not working.
    >> Volume works, hisses though, at best.
    >> When you say "mixer" - *define* please.

    >I mean the Windows Volume Control applet...sndvol32.exe.
    >
    >Been a while since I messed with sound but IIRC you can sit there and
    >install drivers all day but you won't get any sound - or the Windows Volume
    >Control applet - until the *sound card mixer* is installed. And you get
    >that from the card's install CD.
    >
    >I have an old SB Live CD but can't run it because I don't have the card
    >installed. What you want is what's labled on that CD as "Creative Surround
    >Mixer". It *may* - I stress "may" - be the inf in the appropriate windows
    >version driver folder on the CD. In the case of WinXP and this particular
    >SB CD it may be wdma_emu.inf.
    >
    >I *do* recall that the mixer need not be from Creative...I once has a 3rd
    >party one, worked fine. Sadly, I can't recall the name.
    >
    >Sorry I can't be more precise, maybe you'll get greater detail from one of
    >these...
    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wdma_emu.inf&aq=f&oq=
    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+get+sound+blaster+mixer

    Try this site, there are way better moded drivers around, I have used one
    that works very nice with my Audigy 2 ZS

    This site lists normal drivers

    http://www.station-drivers.com/

    Try this sites, there are way better moded drivers around, I have used one
    that works very nice with my Audigy 2

    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/69795/

    Some other Info

    http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=290

    http://fileforums.com/archive/index.php/t-81859.html

    This is the site that I got my updated Drivers, Full CD's

    http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com/

    But they work ok on XP..

    Woger, May 19, 2009