    sorting the servers list alphabetically. The tsmmc.msc appears to save the
    server list in Base64 however I am not a programmer to be able to code a
    utility that can sort the list for me... Can anyone here assist?

    Guest, Mar 13, 2006

  2. This has been tried before, and as far as I know, nobody has
    succedded yet.
    Here's a link to some posts by Alex Angelopoulos, who investigated
    the problem a couple of years back:

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.terminal_serv
    ices/browse_frm/thread/ead4d4093234009b/b08ef0c91ad9659a?
    hl=en#b08ef0c91ad9659a

    You could submit this on Microsofts Feedback site:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/feedback.mspx

    Vera Noest
    TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
    SQL troubleshooting: http://sql.veranoest.net
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obi0xMy0zLTA2?=
    <> wrote on 13 mar 2006 in
    microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients:

    Vera Noest [MVP], Mar 13, 2006

    TP Guest

    Not exactly what you want, but an alternative is to
    create a folder full of .rdp files set to connect to
    the console. That way you could have them
    in alpha order.

    -TP

    TP, Mar 14, 2006
  4. John is talking about the Remote Desktops utility from the 2003
    AdminPak.
    Like John, I love and hate this tool. The main feature is that you
    can manage all rdp sessions in a single window, and it connects to
    the console by default, but the main disadvantage is what John
    describes: no sorting order whatsoever.

    Vera Noest
    TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
    SQL troubleshooting: http://sql.veranoest.net
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    "TP" <> wrote on 14 mar 2006 in

    Vera Noest [MVP], Mar 14, 2006

    TP Guest

    Yes, I know.

    I was just suggesting an alternative. Many people are
    not aware that you can save a .rdp file to a console
    session because there is no "connect to console"
    checkbox in the RD client interface.

    The other thing is that the RDP Activex is very easy to
    work with. It would not be a big deal to write a program
    in vb.net that did the same thing as the mmc. Maybe a
    few hours work.

    -TP

    TP, Mar 14, 2006
  6. Aaah, I see. I read your sentence:

    > Not exactly what you want

    as "I'm not exactly sure what you want". Sorry.

    Vera Noest [MVP], Mar 15, 2006

    nuberious

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006