sony CRX320E combo

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone know which burn software is compatible with the sony CRX320E combo? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If Nero dosn't work ... replace the Sony. ;)

Reaction score
thank you for your reply!

does that include the nero 5 version... or do i have to upgrade? is there a chance i didnt install the sony itself properly? Im using dell inspiron 3700 laptop (old... i know) and windows 98. The drivers and utilities cd that came with the sony has loads of drivers. ive only used one of those drivers and all i can see installed in my computer is the icon 'necutray'. are there other drivers on that cd that i need to be able to burn successfully?

:confused:

muckshifter

Reaction score
armando said:
thank you for your reply!

does that include the nero 5 version... or do i have to upgrade? is there a chance i didnt install the sony itself properly? Im using dell inspiron 3700 laptop (old... i know) and windows 98. The drivers and utilities cd that came with the sony has loads of drivers. ive only used one of those drivers and all i can see installed in my computer is the icon 'necutray'. are there other drivers on that cd that i need to be able to burn successfully?

:confused:
A "burner" is treated as any CDROM drive ... you don't 'need' drivers, Windows should sort it amicably, even Win98.

Ver 5 of Nero is fine for 98, was Nero actually 'bundled' with the drive?

Just a thought, how is the drive connected to your Laptop?

Reaction score
ok...cool

no, nero was not included with the drive. the drive is connected through a usb connection

muckshifter

Reaction score
Doh!

Well, excuse any sarcastic tone in my words, they are not aimed at you but ... we are talking a different ball game here.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... the Sony is an IDE drive, so you must have it in some sort of 'caddy' :rolleyes: ... my fist question is, can you access the drive at all?

It would help, but I'm inclined to go and watch the Snooker, if you could give me all the details on your set-up.

Reaction score
yes it's in a caddy and it has been accessible since installling into this dell 3700. Everything seems to say it's working, but Nero won't recognise it and list it. Nero has been installed into this sony external with my older program 5.0. It plays music but wont recognise the 'recording device'. How's the snooker?

muckshifter

Reaction score
:D Jimmy is on the table now, so you won't see me for a while ... I'll be back later.

:thumb:

Ask a Question