Windows XP Sony Computer Problem!

Reaction score
Alright, my friend has a sony computer we have no idea what kind because it doesn't say it on it.
All it says is Sony.
Well anyways, we want to restore it back to factory setting.
Now on my Dell, all I do is press <ctrl> <f11> and it takes me to the Dell Pc restore Symantics menu but on this computer when I try that it takes me to an options menu that says stuff like "Start Windows Normaly" or "Reboot"
WE DO NOT WANT TO REBOOT.
We do not have the cd. And that is just not an option right now.
I do know that if we press del while the computer is starting it takes us to the setup menu, I've already messed with the BIOS and what not so Idk what to do.
PLEASE HELP!!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with the Sony problem but did you get your earlier problem sorted? We always like to know if you were successful (or not) as it can help others who have similar problems. :)

Reaction score
I sure did :)
My computer is running perfectly now!
Thank you so much!

nivrip said:
Sorry I can't help with the Sony problem but did you get your earlier problem sorted? We always like to know if you were successful (or not) as it can help others who have similar problems. :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

It would seem that your Dell has a recovery partition on the hard drive which allows you to restore from there, where as the Sony might not, are you on Vista or XP???

Reaction score
XP

Waynos_Face said:
Hi,

It would seem that your Dell has a recovery partition on the hard drive which allows you to restore from there, where as the Sony might not, are you on Vista or XP???

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

First restart the PC and set default settings in the BIOS this should get rid of any changes you have made,

Then you can try a System Restore, (if you have it on)

Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

If its been on then you can pick a point to go back to, earlier the better really.

Without the disk you might be stuck but i will keep looking, maybe one of the more knowledgeable XP users can help in the morning as i primarily use Vista.

Reaction score
This system restore won't let me go to any other restore points for some reason.

Waynos_Face said:
Hi,

First restart the PC and set default settings in the BIOS this should get rid of any changes you have made,

Then you can try a System Restore, (if you have it on)

Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

If its been on then you can pick a point to go back to, earlier the better really.

Without the disk you might be stuck but i will keep looking, maybe one of the more knowledgeable XP users can help in the morning as i primarily use Vista.

Ask a Question