    Thanks.
    --
    DaveK

    Guest, Jan 2, 2006

    Hi, I have the same problem, and can't seem to get anyone to answer??? Did
    you ever get a response?

    Guest, Jan 20, 2006

    joe pat Guest

    ok guys I just had the same problem with my Dell Inspirion and it is/was
    quite annoying...for me it was caused by deleting programs that had some
    kind of tie in to Sonic.
    So if your problem is you keep getting prompted about some UM.MSI file then
    here's how I fixed it.

    Short way:
    goto => http://tools.roxio.com/support/dell/isum_hotfix.exe

    then "run" file isum_hotfix.exe , reboot your pc and the problem should be
    gone.

    Long Way
    1)goto www.Sonic.com
    2)Click "Support"
    3)Slect product "Digital Media Source"
    4)Click "Ask Sonia"
    5)Scroll down, type in your name
    6)Type in question box "UM.MSI"
    7) I selected option 3 which is link I posted above.

    Good Luck,

    Joepat

    joe pat, Feb 26, 2006

    MrJoseJunior1

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sonic update manager

    Thanks for the help it work for me

    MrJoseJunior1, Mar 11, 2007

    JOE B

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanx for this, i also have an inspiron, and deleted MyDVDLe which is related in some way to sonic. the above method worked a treat.

    JOE B, Dec 28, 2008

    wolfeee

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    What worked for me

    I tried the previous suggestion it did not work.
    But what did work was this:
    This can also be an error of the Update Manager unsuccessfully attempting to update itself. To update, remove this program using the Add/Remove Programs control panel. It will be called either "Roxio Update Manager" or "Sonic Update Manager". Then download the latest version here and install.
    If you decide to permanently remove the Update Manager, it will not affect the performance of any Sonic or Roxio software currently installed on the system.
    Mine worked on the first try.

    If you still have a problem try this:

    If Update Manager fails to uninstall, corruption has occurred that prevents removal. You will have to manually remove Update Manager: Download and install Microsoft Cleanup Utility located here. Run the application and select Sonic (or Roxio) Update Manager, and select Remove.
    • Go to My Computer --> C:\\Program Files\Sonic. If there is a folder named Update Manager, right click on it and select delete.
    • Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\<--user name-->\Application Data\Sonic and delete the "Update Manager" folder.
    Here is the link tho the sonic site with this and other tips for this fix:
    http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000020GN&PARAMS=set-locale=en

    wolfeee, Jul 16, 2009