    someone else is logged om my computer, are you sure you want to continue".
    Does Windows XP Home Edition have a feature that can allow computer literate
    users to have access to my computer without me knowing??

    Guest, Jan 4, 2005

    Byron Hinson Guest

    lila wrote:
    > Hello, I went to shut down my laptop and a message appeared stating that
    > someone else is logged om my computer, are you sure you want to continue".
    > Does Windows XP Home Edition have a feature that can allow computer literate
    > users to have access to my computer without me knowing??

    If someone else has clicked there name in the login area and you have
    then loaded up your Windows XP profile (when you login) this message
    will come up when you shut down. You need to make sure any users who
    have access to that laptop logout when they finish using it.

    --
    Byron Hinson
    http://www.activewin.com

    Byron Hinson, Jan 4, 2005

    Thank you Byron. I searched on the MS site and slightly educated myself on
    file sharing which I now know has nothing to do with my original, however, I
    know someone who I think may be accessing my computer without me knowing,
    this person has been in the computer tech field for 20 years and I have an
    inkling that he spying on my computer activity (email etc...) does Windows XP
    have a feature that allows me to see if this is possible...thank you!

    Guest, Jan 4, 2005

    in addition to my last response, i think he is accessing my pc from another pc.

    Guest, Jan 4, 2005
  5. If you switch to the logon screen, and try to shut it down from there, you
    will see the message, even though there is only your logon session active.

    The message only appears if there are interactive logon sessions other than
    currently active.
    The message may also appear if there is remote desktop session.

    Alexander Grigoriev, Jan 7, 2005

    I have the same questions as Lila, I have three home computers and have had
    the warning message at differing sessions while online with the internet. I
    attempted - many times - to figure out if anyone else was truly logged-on but
    never had any proff one way or another. I have tried to log-off my personal
    account to see the XP log-in screen, and still I never see anyone else logged
    in or any other processes running on the other user accounts????? This
    screen looks exactly as it did at first boot-up, and still it gives another
    warning (someone else is logged on...) when you shut-down from the log-in
    screen.

    This is extreemly bothersome... Is there a security problem or is this a
    glich in the Windows XP Operating System?

    Guest, Feb 6, 2006

    Drew Tognola Guest

    Jay & Lila,

    A wireless network can easily be hacked into.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05february10.mspx

    Drew

    Drew Tognola, Feb 6, 2006

    Thank you Drew, the article was good. But my question remains, isn't there a
    way to view and identify any outside log-ons and to view the resorces that
    are being accessed???

    Sincerely, Jay

    Guest, Feb 6, 2006

    Bob I Guest

    R-click My Computer, Manage, System Tools, Shared folders.

    Bob I, Feb 7, 2006

    This is what I've been looking for - Thank you Bob.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2006

    Bob I Guest

    You're welcome, have a good one.

    Bob I, Feb 10, 2006