Some GPO is driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 MSI' started by Guest, Mar 16, 2005.

    Hello everybody,

    I'm trying to install an application in a Terminal Server and I keep
    receiving a message "The administrator has set policies to prevent this
    installation". The funniest part is that this is an upgrade of the program
    that I could install with no problem last week.

    I've checked GPO for software settings and there is none. I've log in to the
    server locally without joining the domain and same story. I've added software
    settings to try to overwrite I don't know what policy and no luck. I read KB
    824526 and 324036 thousand times to try to find out what's going on and no
    luck :-(

    Does anybody have an idea where I can find the policy that it's preventing
    me form installing this application upgrade in the terminal server?

    Thank you so much,

    Jorge

    Guest, Mar 16, 2005

    I found the problem with a little help from Google and Torgeir. Read above
    (found at
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/-Syste...icies-prevent-installation-ftopict182699.html):

    >Hi
    >
    >Verify that the registry value DisableMSI under the key
    >
    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer>
    >
    >is NOT set to 1 or 2 (if it doesn't exist, it will default to 0 >for
    >WinXP or earlier)
    >
    >If it is set to 1 or 2, change it to 0.
    >
    >Machine Policies: DisableMSI
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en->us/msi/setup/disablemsi.asp
    >

    >--
    >torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
    >Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
    >the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx

    Thank you everybody and have a nice day!

    Jorge

    Guest, Mar 16, 2005