Solution: Getting the Motorola PC850 Bluetooth dongle towork with windows vista

P

Prometheus

I have been chasing this issue for a while now and now have a fully functioning Motorola PC850 dongle as well as my Motorola HT820 stereo headset in Windows Vista. There is an updated driver for the Widcomm stack, and although the PC850 is not supported by either Motorola or Widcomm it works and can be downloaded here:

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=driverfile&dno=5286&i=0

The file name is Vista32(64)_BTW6.0.1.3400.zip. Hope this helps you guys out.

D

dschu532007

I have been chasing this issue for a while now and now have a fully functioning Motorola PC850 dongle as well as my Motorola HT820 stereo headset in Windows Vista. There is an updated driver for the Widcomm stack, and althoughthe PC850 is not supported by either Motorola or Widcomm it works and can be downloaded here:

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=driverfile&dno=5286&i=0

The file name is Vista32(64)_BTW6.0.1.3400.zip. Hope this helps you guys out.

*****************Thank u, Thank u, Thank u.***************** I worked
on this problem ALL day, then came upon this post, downloaded at the
suggested url: and that was it. 5 min later I was up and running using
my pc850 on windows vista with zero problems. all works fine. Thank
you

Reaction score
Prometheus:

I am also in need of the Vista driver download for the PC850. The link you provided in 2008 connects to a new site and I cannot locate the zip file. Is there anyway you can provide me with access to that file?

Reaction score
a 1 post wonder nearly 4 years ago & technology moves pretty quick in that time.:wave:
have you tried google as this might be your best choice of action?

Reaction score
Google is where I found the link to this post. On a budget and trying to work with old technology. I know its a stab in the dark, but willing to take a chance.

Ask a Question