    I have been chasing this issue for a while now and now have a fully functioning Motorola PC850 dongle as well as my Motorola HT820 stereo headset in Windows Vista. There is an updated driver for the Widcomm stack, and although the PC850 is not supported by either Motorola or Widcomm it works and can be downloaded here:

    http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=driverfile&dno=5286&i=0

    The file name is Vista32(64)_BTW6.0.1.3400.zip. Hope this helps you guys out.

    Prometheus, May 3, 2008

  2. Prometheus

    Guest

    Re: Solution: Getting the Motorola PC850 Bluetooth dongle to workwith windows vista

    On May 3, 12:59 pm, Prometheus wrote:
    > I have been chasing this issue for a while now and now have a fully functioning Motorola PC850 dongle as well as my Motorola HT820 stereo headset in Windows Vista. There is an updated driver for the Widcomm stack, and althoughthe PC850 is not supported by either Motorola or Widcomm it works and can be downloaded here:
    >
    > http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=driverfile&dno=5286&i=0
    >
    > The file name is Vista32(64)_BTW6.0.1.3400.zip. Hope this helps you guys out.

    *****************Thank u, Thank u, Thank u.***************** I worked
    on this problem ALL day, then came upon this post, downloaded at the
    suggested url: and that was it. 5 min later I was up and running using
    my pc850 on windows vista with zero problems. all works fine. Thank
    you

    , Jun 6, 2008

  3. Prometheus

    bluetoothblackie

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Prometheus:

    I am also in need of the Vista driver download for the PC850. The link you provided in 2008 connects to a new site and I cannot locate the zip file. Is there anyway you can provide me with access to that file?

    bluetoothblackie, Feb 5, 2012
  4. Prometheus

    feckit 4x4 Cruncher VIP Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2006
    Messages:
    11,474
    Likes Received:
    75
    Location:
    SE11 5SS
    a 1 post wonder nearly 4 years ago & technology moves pretty quick in that time.:wave:
    have you tried google as this might be your best choice of action?

    feckit, Feb 5, 2012
  5. Prometheus

    bluetoothblackie

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Google is where I found the link to this post. On a budget and trying to work with old technology. I know its a stab in the dark, but willing to take a chance.

    bluetoothblackie, Feb 5, 2012
  6. Prometheus