    Action: failed

    Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for

    Can anyone help me with this.

    Backup, May 24, 2005

  2. From: "Backup" <>

    | SMTP Relaying Help
    |
    | I am trying to configure an exchange server to relay email, and it seems
    | that all I get in response is the following:
    |
    | Action: failed

    | Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
    |
    | Can anyone help me with this.

    All those News groups and NOT ONE is a MS Exchane News Group.
    What is a clueless person doing setting up an Exchange Server ? Spam maybe !

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, May 24, 2005

  3. Backup

    NewGuy Guest

    pfft

    Why they want is for an existing exchange server to relay email to another
    exchange server, but the 2nd exchange server is in a different forest.

    Thus they don't want to build any trust relations between the two servers.

    Also, why is it that people have to reply with "crap" that doesn't even help
    the person asking the question now does it?

    It's known by your statement that you also don't know a thing about exchange
    or you would have been more than happy to help him.

    I know some about exchange but I am having somewhat of the same issue as
    Backup.

    And I would also like to see it answered.

    There is a name for people like you.. And that name is "Troll"

    NewGuy, May 24, 2005
  4. Backup

    Robert Moir Guest

    NewGuy wrote:

    > Also, why is it that people have to reply with "crap" that doesn't
    > even help the person asking the question now does it?

    What is unhelpful about suggesting people post exchange questions in an
    exchange newsgroup. I would say that posting a question to the forum where
    its actually supported *greatly* increases the chances of getting a good
    answer!

    Rob Moir
    Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
    Virtual PC 2004 FAQ - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html
    Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

    Robert Moir, May 24, 2005
  5. And, where is the exchange newsgroup in all this cross-posting?
    Dave's answer was right on target.
    If you'd like to see it answered, why not post in the appropriate newsgroup?

    Tom

    Tom Pepper Willett, May 24, 2005