    Are there any way to continue to send out next email even mail server
    fails?

    Your help is great appreciated,

    iccsi, Oct 14, 2010

  2. iccsi

    Tony Toews Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:16:03 -0700 (PDT), iccsi <>
    wrote:

    >I use smtp to send out bulk email reports.
    >The send out email stop when it mail server failed for example the
    >mail box is full or mail does not exist.

    But those aren't problems with your local SMTP server. Those are
    problems with the recipients SMTP server.

    >Are there any way to continue to send out next email even mail server
    >fails?

    Not directly no. Unless there is a backup SMTP server available
    somewhere. And that might not be available in your LAN.

    You might want to setup some tables to record the various data and
    then have a resend button. Also flag which emails have been
    succesfully sent. I do this all the time anyhow so the users can see
    exactly what emails have been sent and to where.

    Tony
    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

    Tony Toews, Oct 14, 2010