    the data. Anyone have the same issue or solution?

    Regards,

    Bob

    Guest, Apr 16, 2005

  2. What cell service and phone do you use? Mine recommends always entering the
    area code so the number is correct if the call is off a tower in another
    area code.

    If your phone is in a different area code and outlook enters the one it's
    set up for, you'll need to add the correct area code to each number in
    outlook.

    Also, you might want to try the alt.cellular group for your phone
    manufacturer or cell provider - or visit http://howardforums.com/ - both are
    more likely to have more users of the phone model who have experienced (and
    solved) the problem.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Apr 17, 2005

    Thanks Diane,

    The original issue was my contacts having the country code forced during a
    local call w/ the area code omitted (I hadn't added any area codes for my
    local contacts). The call was erring out w/ just the country code and local
    number. I didn't realize the I could dial the area code for a local call and
    the service would ignore it. I applied area code rules to my contacts and
    I'm good to go.

    Cingular and the MPX220. I'm considering returning the phone; lots of
    functions but non of them work well.

    Thanks for the help.

    Bob

    Guest, Apr 17, 2005