    --
    Thank You
    Matt

    ligerdynomite, Mar 25, 2008

  2. ligerdynomite

    Emily Lin Guest

    Hi Matt,

    Perform the steps below to see if it works.

    # 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
    ======
    1. Quit Outlook. Click Start menu, and click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type: "Outlook /safe" (without the quotation marks).
    Notes: There is a space character between Outlook and the forward slash (/).
    3. Click OK.
    4. Open an email. What is the result?

    If it works fine, perform the following steps to fix the issue.

    #2 check addin registry keys
    ============
    Exit Outlook.
    Backup the registry then remove any outlook addin SUBkeys which are at the following locations:

    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins
    Start outlook to test the issue.

    If the issue persists, go to next step.

    #3 Rename the Cache Files
    ======
    Search for the following four files and rename them by changing the file extension from ".dat" to ".old". These four files are temporary
    cache files that Outlook 2003 loads on startup. (Be sure to check the "Search hidden files and folders" box under "More advanced
    options")

    outcmd.dat
    extend.dat
    frmcache.dat
    views.dat

    Generally the files can be located in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<LogName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft
    \Outlook\. Some of them may not exist, please ignore it.

    Note: The folder is hidden by default. Please use the following method to show it:

    1. From the Start menu, go to Settings-->Control Panel-->Folder Options.
    2. Go to View tab and select "Show hidden files and folders". The hidden folder will be shown then.
    3. Start Outlook to see if the problem is resolved.

    If the issue persists, go to next step.

    #4 check nopreview
    ==========
    Exit Outlook.
    Click Start > Run > type "outlook /nopreview" (without the quotation marks). Click OK.
    If it works fine, the issue is mostly caused by a corrupted message in the inbox folder. If the issue persists, let me know.

    If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

    Regards,

    Emily Lin

    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

    --------------------

    Emily Lin, Mar 26, 2008

  3. ligerdynomite

    Emily Lin Guest

    Hi Matt,

    I am writing as a courtesy to follow-up on this issue. Do you have any problem at this time? If so, please let me know at your earliest
    convenience. I am waiting for your reply.

    By the way, I will be OOF during Mar. 31 - Apr. 4. My backup engineer will reply to you if you post back. Thanks.

    Sincerely,

    Emily Lin,
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

    Emily Lin, Mar 28, 2008