    perform normally. My two video cards appear in device manage as enabled.
    Does anyone know of a link or a fix that can help me? I'm at my wits end
    here.

    Guest, Oct 7, 2007

    fourteen Guest

    "me too" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and tried installing the two microsoft
    > hotfixes, 940105 and 936710 but was informed the fixes "do no apply to
    > your
    > system". That was confusing since my system qualifies and both fixes do
    > not
    > appear in my update history list. So my reason for posting is to find a
    > solution as to why media player and media center display stuttering video
    > or
    > a black screen when SLI is enabled. When SLI is disabled both
    > applications
    > perform normally. My two video cards appear in device manage as enabled.
    > Does anyone know of a link or a fix that can help me? I'm at my wits end
    > here.

    are you running Vista 64bit?

    fourteen, Oct 7, 2007

    Rollin' Rog Guest

    First try resetting your BIOS to the defaults. Some come over clocked or you
    may have done so.

    Try this cumulative update, make sure you choose the correct version. If you
    really have the 64 bit version of Vista -- that is what you want, not the
    x86 version. Your error message indicates that the wrong version was
    selected:

    Rollin' Rog, Oct 7, 2007

    Yes I'm running 64 bit vista and I'll visit the link you offered rog...thanks
    to you both for replying

    Guest, Oct 7, 2007

    I searched through my update history and noticed I've installed update
    938194. I forgot to mention in my first post that I've tried single gpu mode
    (which is what happens when I disable SLI) while using SLI thinking I could
    "trick" media player and media center into running normally. No such luck.
    The audio continues fine but the video "stutters" unless I disable SLI
    globally. I'm thinking the hotfixes might help.

    Guest, Oct 7, 2007