    windows didn't shut down properly.

    Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this and figure out what might be causing
    it and how to fix it?

    lex3001, Jul 21, 2008

  2. lex3001

    Karl Snooks Guest

    lex,

    Following tutorial may be of assistance:
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

    In that tutorial you will also find links to other topics which may be
    relevant to your problem.

    Karl

    Karl Snooks, Jul 21, 2008

  3. lex3001

    mikeyhsd Guest

    check the event logs for a starter.

    "lex3001" <> wrote in message news:...
    I just recently moved from a D610 to a D630 and decided to go Vista 64-bit.

    When put the computer into Sleep mode (Hybrid Sleep is turned off by the
    way) here is what happens:

    1. Screen goes blank immediately
    2. Hard drive activity for a minute or so
    3. Sometimes it goes into sleep mode but usually it just turns off

    In the case when it just turns off, which is most of the time, then I when I

    mikeyhsd, Jul 21, 2008
  4. lex3001

    lex3001 Guest

    I forgot to mention I already checked the event logs. I don't see anything in
    there indicating a problem, unfortunately.

    lex3001, Jul 22, 2008