Sleep mode - Computer does not got to sleep

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Franz, Feb 22, 2008.

  1. Franz

    Franz Guest

    My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate.

    For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep mode. I
    did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep after 30
    minutes.

    One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the screen
    saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the display to
    turn off after 20 minutes - but it never turns itself off.

    Any idea what could be wrong?

    Franz

    Franz

    Franz, Feb 22, 2008

  2. Franz

    Bob Guest

    Go to Advance Power Settings.
    Set hard drive to turn off a minute or 2 before sleep.
    Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Off"
    Under USB settings select "Disable"
    Under Multimedia select "Allow ....."

    Bob, Feb 22, 2008

  3. The hybrid sleep feature and the hibernation feature in Windows Vista may
    become unavailable after you use the Disk Cleanup Tool :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928897

    --
    Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    interface.

    Mark L. Ferguson

    ..

    Mark L. Ferguson, Feb 22, 2008
  4. Franz

    Franz Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I also
    checked Bob's suggestion with no success. A note - I suspect it may have
    something to do with the monitor because it does not turn off. I set the
    screensaver to start after 10 minutes and to shut down after 15 minutes. The
    screensaver starts as set but the monitor never turns off.

    Franz

    Franz, Feb 23, 2008
  5. Franz

    Bob Guest

    How to Troubleshoot a Vista Sleep Mode Problem and Find a Solution

    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

    Bob, Feb 23, 2008
  6. Franz

    joaneee Guest

    This helped! Finally! Like having a new computer.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    joaneee, Feb 28, 2008
  7. Franz

    Bob Guest

    What options do you see for Hybrid and Hibernate?

    ***When posting, please quote relevant information so that others may learn
    and benefit from the issue.***

    Bob, Dec 10, 2009