single click acts as double click

G

When I click on many items to highlight them, they try to open as if I'd doubleclicked on them Especially annoying when trying to read e-mails. When I click on a message, it opens a new window for that message, and if I try to highlight (shift click) a group of them to delete spam, they all open one behind the other. When doing graphic work and trying to draw an object, it interprets it as a double click and ends the object. I have run AV and ad-aware software, used the mouse speed utility in control panel, but it persists. Any ideas on what's causing this
Than

C

Charlie G

CONTROL PANEL | FOLDER OPTIONS .. On the general tab, third box down select double-click to open single click to select.

HTH

--
Charlie G .... in Memphis Town!
(e-mail address removed)<
--

| When I click on many items to highlight them, they try to open as if I'd doubleclicked on them Especially annoying when trying to read e-mails. When I click on a message, it opens a new window for that message, and if I try to highlight (shift click) a group of them to delete spam, they all open one behind the other. When doing graphic work and trying to draw an object, it interprets it as a double click and ends the object. I have run AV and ad-aware software, used the mouse speed utility in control panel, but it persists. Any ideas on what's causing this?
| Thanx
|

G

Thanx Charlie, but it was already set that way. I changed it, applied, then changed it back to see if It might need it's memory jogged. No Change. Stiil acting 'squirelly'. When I try to highlight anything, it flashes then opens as if my mouse click speed was set very high. Also, if I click the X in the corner to close something, seems like (if there are 2 o 3 windows open) that it shuts them all off as if I'd clicked each one in turn. It's killing my e-mail since I can't highlight to delete junk mail without opening it, and none of the virus or ad ware software seems to pick up anything. Still doing it. I'm at a loss here, wishing I'd never "upgraded" to XP from 98, 95, 3.1, DOS.
Thanx for the help tho
Desmo900

Ask a Question