Simple Website Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey,

A friend of mine runs a small business and would like to get a website. Said I'd help her set it up as she's got no idea.

I've done HTML and XML before so I'm comfortable doing that, what I was looking for advice on was:

- Can anyone recommend a good domain name / hosting company?
- How much space do I need for a small website, I would imagine minimal hits, less than 30 a week I would assume
- Are there any simple templates out there for building sites? I can do it from scratch, but why rework what's already there when I can customise it!! :)

Thanks.

Bodhi

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Godaddy.com are cheap and helpful when it comes to domains, and they do offer hosting (not used their hosting myself, but a friend seems to think it's fine for a small site). :) The amount of space depends on how big you design the site to be, but if you mean bandwidth then the smallest package posible should be fine for 30 hits per week.

For free simple templates, check out http://www.oswd.org/ - it's full of them, and all for the price of £0 :D

Reaction score
Haha, cheers Ian. The princely sum of £0 always strikes a cord with me (being Scottish! haha).

Will check out that site. I had looked around on 1and1.com before but they seemed to want about £10 a month for the smallest package!!

I would imagine the site will be about half a dozen simple pages at most, it's just really to give her a presence on the net.

Bodhi

P.S. Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I get a bit lazy sometimes!! :-/

Reaction score
I went for the basic package with easily.co.uk.
Very easy to set up:thumb:

Reaction score
Ive had a look at all these sites and I've decided to go with 1and1. They offer what looks like a decent offer, it's £8.99 per month for hosting, the domain name, email and 25 web page builder. Looks pretty professional. :)

Reaction score
Hang on!! I think I might be going with 123-reg instead now! Much cheaper!!

Anyone used them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question