    I say, I'm in a rock band and I can do what the hell I want!"
    -- Amy Lee

    Note: this e-mail address goes to /dev/null.

    Chaos Master, Sep 12, 2004

  2. On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:24:06 -0300, the renowned Chaos Master
    <> wrote:

    >Hello people.
    >
    >Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
    >electronic components?
    >
    >I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want to be
    >able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.
    >
    >[]s

    Parts 'n Vendors by Trilogy seems to get good reviews. I've only
    looked at a demo but it seems to have been designed by people who
    actually know what manufacturing is all about.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Chaos Master

    Chaos Master Guest

    Spehro Pefhany did not write:

    > Parts 'n Vendors by Trilogy seems to get good reviews. I've only
    > looked at a demo but it seems to have been designed by people who
    > actually know what manufacturing is all about.

    I will check this, even it being demo/shareware.

    (but still looking at free solution)

    []s
    --
    Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
    "People told me I can't dress like a fairy.

    Chaos Master, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Chaos Master

    Lee Guest

    It has been reported by the Department of Homeland Security that on Sun, 12
    Sep 2004 15:24:06 -0300, Chaos Master <>
    wrote the following intercepted missive:

    >Hello people.
    >
    >Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
    >electronic components?
    >
    >I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want to be
    >able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.
    >
    >[]s

    Try SmartDb at http://alainlecomte.free.fr/Download.htm

    CUL8R

    R*Horse

    www.sonic.net/~lkokot

    "Take a look behind you - upstream - now you begin to
    recognize this country, don't you?"

    "Yes, I do recognize it now. It is the most wonderful
    thing I ever heard of; by a long shot the most
    wonderful - and unexpected."

    Mark Twain
    Life on the Mississippi

    Lee, Sep 13, 2004
  5. "Chaos Master" <> wrote in message
    > Hello people.
    >
    > Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
    > electronic components?
    >
    > I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I

    want to be
    > able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.

    Excel spreadsheets are needed for calculations. But it's doubtfdul that
    you need that much power. "Database" sounds like Access would be more
    appropriate.
    You could also do a lot with web pages.

    Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\, Sep 15, 2004
  6. I've always found Filemaker Pro to be very easy to use and customise. Much
    more friendly than Access or Excel.

    Gareth.

    Gareth Magennis, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Chaos Master

    Khaled Guest

    "Gareth Magennis" <> wrote in

    > Filemaker Pro

    http://www.filemaker.com/

    Small point of order.. It is NOT freeware.. rather NOT !!!

    Khaled, Sep 16, 2004
  8. Gareth Magennis, Sep 17, 2004
  9. Chaos Master

    Ken Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    Chaos Master <> wrote:
    >Hello people.
    >
    >Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
    >electronic components?
    >
    >I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want to be
    >able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.

    Why not just add hyper links to the datasheets to the XL?

    I remember some years back there was one for the usual $35 shareware price
    that could handle up to 32K part numbers.

    forging knowledge

    Ken Smith, Sep 26, 2004