Sidekick98

J

John

ALL my personal data of many years is on my Sidekick98
program. When I moved from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Pro
I was able to reload Sidekick, but cannot restore my
backup files. Is there a way, direct or indirect?
Grateful for any help.

K

krok dundee

John said:
ALL my personal data of many years is on my Sidekick98
program. When I moved from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Pro
I was able to reload Sidekick, but cannot restore my
backup files. Is there a way, direct or indirect?
Grateful for any help.
hey john, what a fantastic program that was/is .. i found this on the
web, please read all the info you can, b4 you download any of it.. rob

V

*Vanguard*

"krok dundee" said in news:[email protected]:
hey john, what a fantastic program that was/is .. i found this on the
web, please read all the info you can, b4 you download any of it.. rob

So, krok, are you going to tell John where to find "this"?

Reaction score
Sidekick98 is still the best PIM, bar none. Sidekick was the creation of Frank Borland. I have used Sidekick since DOS 2. Borland products were built around the Pascal language and relational databases of Paradox. Borland lost out to Microsoft and Frank Borland went off on his own after leaving the company (which continued to produce Delphi - a GUI enhanced Turbo Pascal and a competitor ). He formed Starfish, which lasted only a few years and then he took a job (last time I heard) programing interfaces for Motorola. Microsoft crushed many people and products in its efforts to become king on the mountain. Outlook and Outlook Express could not hold a candle to the ease of use and functionality of Sidekick98. It is a pity that Borland did not release the code so that others could keep it alive. It could do fabulous things if it were remolded and creatively brought into the current technical and internet environment. I am also having problems installing the program onto Win7. Frankly, I would rather have Sidekick 98 and XP than Win7. And I believe that in short order Win 8 will put Microsoft into bankruptcy. No one likes it - a complete failure. :cry:

Ask a Question