    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe saying ur pc will shutdown
    in 60secs. I kinda need some help. Can any1 tell me how to
    stop this?

    Michael B, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Michael;
    You need to follow all the steps to keep Sasser off the computer:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/sasser.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jun 15, 2004

  3. Michael B

    Dani Guest

    I'm having the same problem when I use my computer at
    home to go on-line. After rebooting, error message says
    LSA Shell (export Version) enountered a problem and
    needed to close. Apparently, if you can stay on-line
    long enough and follow all the little "click here"'s to
    get to the place where it will run some sort of fix-
    it/diagnostic, you're home free. I either get "shut down
    in 60" or Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
    close, which is followed very quickly by "shutdown in
    60". Very frustrating. And so far MicroSlop has refused
    to get back to me with any kind of ideas or suggestions.
    Typical.

    Good luck!

    Dani, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Michael B

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Congratulations!

    Your system is infected with the much publicized Sasser worm. You allowed

    yourself to become infected because of ALL of the following;

    1. You have not updated your version of Windows.

    2. You are not using an UP TO DATE antivirus program.

    3. You connected to the internet without a firewall on your computer.

    Until you correct ALL of the above situations, you will remain vulnerable to

    infection not only by SASSER, but also by the thousands of other worms,

    viruses, trojans, keyloggers, spyware, malware, etc.

    Because you do not practice even the most basic level of computer security,

    you are not only a threat to yourself but to the entire internet community.

    When your machine is infected, it looks for other machines, owned by persons

    like yourself who have poor computer security practices, to infect.

    When the shutdown message appears, go START > Run and type in "shutdown -a"

    (without the quotes), and hit the enter key. Go to the Microsoft update

    website and download and install all critical patches. After rebooting, go

    to the website of the company that makes your antivirus program and download

    all the updates that are available. If your antivirus has expired, you must

    purchase a new one.

    Third, go to www.zonealarm.com and download the FREE firewall.

    Keep your version of Windows updated. Always install any critical patches

    that are posted to the Microsoft update website.

    Keep you antivirus program up to date. New virus detection signatures are

    released nearly on a daily basis, so this is something you should do every

    day. Not once a month, or "when I have time", or "when I remember".

    Once you have done these things, you will find your internet experience to

    be much safer and happier.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Michael B