shutdown.exe

Howard

I placed shutdown.exe on my server but cannot shut down
computers on the newtork from either a batch file or
command line. Does shutdown.exe need to be on the remote
pc's? I presently have shutdown.exe and the batch file in
the root directory of my server. I am running 2000
advanced server and Win2k on the desktops

David Morgan

First of all check your account permissions. If the account executing the
shutdown doesn't have the correct privs then it can't shut down a system.
Also make sure that the local policy isn't denying the right to shutdown
the system.

Who you are as executioner is who you are when the command gets to the
remote system.

David Morgan
Microsoft Corp.