    Event ID: 26
    Date: 19/10/2009
    Time: 08:22:26 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    Application popup: SHUTDOWN.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
    "0x77fcb333" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
    "written".

    Click on OK to terminate the program

    ----

    Any idea how to fix this?

    Thanks.

    HM2K, Oct 19, 2009

  2. HM2K

    Dave Patrick Guest

    What operating system? What was the exact command that was run?

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Oct 19, 2009

  3. HM2K

    HM2K Guest

    Re: SHUTDOWN.exe - Application Error : The instruction at"0x77fcb333"

    As per the group I am posting to it is Windows Advanced Server 2000.

    For clarification:

    Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

    The command I am trying to run is:

    SHUTDOWN /Y /L /R /T:10 "Scheduled Reboot"

    I tested this again with the following command:

    SHUTDOWN /Y /L /R /T:10
    SHUTDOWN /Y /L /A

    It ran, displayed the shutdown timer as expected and then aborted as
    expected.

    It seems the problem is with the "message".

    I've removed the message for now, but it would be useful to be able to
    use the message option.

    Any ideas why the message is causing such an error?

    Thanks.

    HM2K, Oct 21, 2009
  4. HM2K

    Dave Patrick Guest

    You might also try;

    shutdown.exe /l /r /t:10 "Scheduled Reboot" /y

    Dave Patrick, Oct 22, 2009
  5. HM2K

    HM2K Guest

    Re: SHUTDOWN.exe - Application Error : The instruction at"0x77fcb333"

    That gives me the same error as before.

    HM2K, Oct 22, 2009
  6. HM2K

    Dave Patrick Guest