    When our server is turned on 'Shut Down' button is grayed out on the login
    screen. I want users to be able to turn off the server without login in to
    it. How I can do it?

    Guest, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Hi Tom,

    If this is something you really want to do (not recommended for the servers)
    you can edit this policy

    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
    Policies\Security Options

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/559.asp

    I hope this helps.

    --
    Mike
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

    Miha Pihler [MVP], Feb 10, 2005

    thank you,
    how I can get to the computer configuration?

    Guest, Feb 10, 2005
  4. Tom,

    This is part of the policy. Now you have to decide which policy you want to
    configure. Will this be a local policy on the computer that is not member of
    the domain. In this case you will run gpedit.msc on the computer and follow
    the policy direction (Computer Configuration ...)
    If the computers are members of domain, you can deploy this policy on domain
    or OU level or ... In this case, you will need to either create new Group
    Policy or edit existing Group Policy and again follow the policy
    direction...

    Miha Pihler [MVP], Feb 10, 2005

    got it, thank you again

    Guest, Feb 11, 2005