Windows 10 Should I upgrade to Free Windows 10?

Reaction score
in my updater for Microsoft there is a reserve note . upgrade to FreeWindows 10 reserve or run now.
is this just for one year and are there any fees involved down the road? here is my system info below.

n4ts7p.jpg

Attachments

• COMPUTERS INFORMATION SOACE.JPG
    COMPUTERS INFORMATION SOACE.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 225

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Like Mucks says, it'll be free forever - but there's no rush to install it, so you could always wait and see what people think of it before making the leap :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
^^ Thats what I plan to do. I've reserved my upgrade, but will most likely give it a week or two, just to let the early adopters test the water... :D

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
I've been thinking of upgrading my 32bit Win7 Pro, to a 64bit OS. Does anybody know if I can do that with this 'free' Win10 offer?

*Edit* Found the answer, and the answer is no!

Last edited:

Ted

Reaction score
I will NOT be upgrading! My FIRST thought was ANYTHING to get away from 8.1. Then I heard about automatic no choice upgrades! I only suffer 8.1 on one PC - the rest are 7. BUT the LAST thing I want when I turn my pc on to use it is for it to launch into full system update - no delay - no choice - and HOPE it doesn't screw everything up. No thanks.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
If it's a free upgrade available to all why do I need to make a reservation?

Is MS likely to be overrun on day one?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If it's a free upgrade available to all why do I need to make a reservation?

Duh, so they know who wants it and where to send it, presumably.

Is MS likely to be overrun on day one?

Who knows? Who cares? :D

I'll give an educated guess and say there's liable to be a bit of queuing going on come July 29th ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Duh, so they know who wants it and where to send it, presumably.

Ah, so they will send it? Usually, for updates I have to go onto their website and request them at the time that I want them. I assume that I will still be able to do that at a time of my choosing.

(Why am I asking all these dumb questions? I can just wait till it becomes available and sort it out then. :D)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well they won't send it in the post! :p

Its also probably a good was to judge the impending server load for when everyone goes and trys to download it. ;)

Reaction score
Hi Bigjay, yes that looks a good deal. I told you wrong because I got mine from ebay not Amazon but what you have found is slightly cheaper and is not Dell which is better.
I had some problems with the instalation and the guy at Nexsus Software was very good & sorted it out but looking at the Amazon (no Dell) deal, I would go with that.

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
Hi Bigjay, yes that looks a good deal. I told you wrong because I got mine from ebay not Amazon but what you have found is slightly cheaper and is not Dell which is better.
I had some problems with the instalation and the guy at Nexsus Software was very good & sorted it out but looking at the Amazon (no Dell) deal, I would go with that.

That's it, I've gone an ordered it.
From this day forth, any issues I have with this buy and subsequent install, I will be on your head, and you will be solely responsible! ;-)

Reaction score
Well there’s a thought!

You will have to decide whether to do a ‘clean’ installation or simply upgrade your operating system.

If you go for clean, be very careful to back up ALL data as this will wipe your hard drive but it will get rid of accumulated junk.

Best of luck

Reaction score
PS I assumed you have checked that your machine is capable of running a 64 bit operating system?

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
PS I assumed you have checked that your machine is capable of running a 64 bit operating system?

DOH!

I did. :D

It will be a new install, with a new HD, as my existing HD seems to be having a few issues.
I've had warnings to back up, as my HD needs repair or replacement!

Ask a Question