    The documentation requires me to download Macromedia, Shockwave Player 10.
    From a security point of view, am I opening up my PC to greater risk of
    attack by installing Shockwave ?

    Thanks

    John, Mar 9, 2005

  2. John

    Peter Guest

    No risk. You wont get far on the internet without it! Check out both
    Shockwave and Flash Players here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.

    Peter, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Hi Peter,

    > From a security point of view, am I opening up my PC to greater risk
    > of attack by installing Shockwave ?

    No, but most of todays Shockwave animation are actually ads. And a large
    fraction of them is very annoying. They occupy your web browser screen like
    a new layer obscuring the actual content of the website. You have to
    actively close this kind of ads or you are forced to wait some seconds until
    the ad finally decides to go away (if at all).

    If you decide to install Falsh consider installing a Flash-Blocker too to
    keep the control over your web browser.

    Viktor
    http://www.quero.at/

    Viktor Krammer, Mar 9, 2005