    is there a way to assign shortcuts for VBA procedures in Modules of MS
    Access; if yes, how?

    Thomas Wiedmann

    Thomas Wiedmann, Apr 7, 2012

  2. Do you mean "keyboard shortcuts", such as "Fn" plus a Function Key like
    "F6"?

    Keyboard actions trigger events which fire an event, events can execute
    Macros or VBA functions in the Form's (Object) Module-- if you want to
    execute VBA procedures that are located in a General Module from either of
    these type event, you can do so via a macro or VBA code. Events associated
    with keyboard actions include: On Key Down, On Key Up, and On Key Press.

    --
    Larry Linson
    Microsoft Office Access MVP

    Access Developer, Apr 7, 2012

  3. > Do you mean "keyboard shortcuts", such as "Fn" plus a Function Key like
    > "F6"?

    Yes (whereas [Fn] usually is a key on notebooks only AFAIK)

    > Keyboard actions trigger events which fire an event, events can execute
    > Macros or VBA functions in the Form's (Object) Module-- if you want to
    > execute VBA procedures that are located in a General Module from either of
    > these type event, you can do so via a macro or VBA code.

    Can you give an example how to assign a keyboard shortcut to an Access
    macro, e. g. [Ctrl] + T for a procudure 'Sub Test'?

    Thomas Wiedmann

    Thomas Wiedmann, Apr 8, 2012
  4. To my mind, reassigning keycode actions tends to be a bit "quirky", so I
    avoid it. What are you trying to accomplish with the code you'd execute, and
    what are the circumstances in which you'd want to do it -- perhaps someone
    can offer a useful alternative, or perhaps someone else uses reassigned
    keycode actions and can give you an example.

    Access Developer, Apr 8, 2012
  5. Oh, yes... I apologize that, given how little I use macros, I simply
    overlooked that I should have mentioned the AutoKeys macro. For details, see
    http://www.dataschenk.com/newsletters/Tips/Access-Autokeys.htm. It may be
    just what you need.

    Access Developer, Apr 8, 2012
  6. Thomas Wiedmann, Apr 14, 2012