Shortcut for font color?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Murgi, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    Either I am struggling with the MS Word terminology, or this function is lackingc

    Well, I did a large translation a year ago. Now I have been asked by the
    client to make changes to the existing text, and translate new text within
    paragraphs, etc.
    The client wants to see these changed and new parts in RED. I can do that
    by selecting the color and then type along. However, there should be a way
    to do that once only and not hundreds of times. Anything I type within the
    black text shall appear in red. Changing the default color in Fonts will
    turn the entire text redc
    I tried to assign a shortcut for a particular font color, but I see no way
    to do that.

    Has anybody ever done that?

    Best regards,
    Murgi

    Murgi, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Answered in another group. Please do not multipost.

    garfield-n-odie, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Murgi

    Doug Robbins Guest

    Use track changes. See more detailed response in the vba.general newsgroup
    to which you posted the same question. Please do not post the same question
    separately to multiple newsgroups. Instead, put the names of the newsgroups
    in the header of the one message so that when it is answered in one
    newsgroup, the answer will also appear in the others. Makes it easier for
    you to find the answer and makes it less likely that someone will spend time
    answering a question that has already been answered elsewhere.

    consulting basis.

    Hope this helps,
    Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    Doug Robbins, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    "Doug Robbins" <> wrote:
    >Use track changes. ...

    Please do not post the same question
    >separately to multiple newsgroups.

    Thanks a lot for this advice... and sorry for crossposting. I'll do what
    you have suggested in my next posting.

    Murgi

    Murgi, Nov 28, 2004