    what can be the problem ?

    regards
    Faisal

    Stingray, Apr 21, 2009

  2. The print driver requires admin access to some resource. When you restart
    the spooler, the authentication token from the client is gone so the spooler
    owns the job and has admin access to all resources.

    I've seen this with very few HP drivers that use a language monitor. Guests
    could print after unchecking Enable bidirectional on the Port tab of print
    properties.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Apr 21, 2009

  3. Stingray

    Stingray Guest

    Thank you Alan this solved the problem ...

    Stingray, Apr 24, 2009
  4. which printer model do you have and how is the printer connected to the XP
    machine?

    version number of the print driver would be nice but not necessary.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Apr 24, 2009