    Tim Sheehan Guest

    How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
    using Windows XP and would like to know.

    Tim Sheehan, Mar 13, 2004

  2. Tim Sheehan

    Jaan V Guest

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:42:17 GMT, Tim Sheehan <> wrote:
    > How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
    > using Windows XP and would like to know.i

    Last time I looked this was only feasible in a *nix environment using
    saned, a scanner daemon.
    Jaan V

    Jaan V, Mar 14, 2004

  3. Tim Sheehan <> wrote in message news:<t%M4c.2686$>...
    > How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
    > using Windows XP and would like to know.

    You can use RemoteScan software from http://www.remote-scan.com

    It lets you share any kind of scanner -- flatbed scanners, film
    scanners, duplex scanners, sci, usb, etc. as long as the scanner is
    twain compatible, on your network.

    Works with terminal services too. It is new software and works quite
    well. I found out about it from PC Magazine.

    Gadget Guy Bob, Mar 14, 2004
  4. Tim Sheehan

    Cari Guest

    However be advised that although the 'client' software is free, the 'server'
    software is NOT.

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    Cari, Mar 14, 2004
  5. That's true, but it was worth it: we were about to have to pay close
    to a thousand dollars for a hardware solution, but paid $40 instead...
    that was quite reasonable! Then discovering that it now we can use
    flatbed scanners with terminal services, the cost for Remotescan
    becomes negligible.

    Also, it totaly answers what a lot of people, myself included, have
    been asking for for a long time: how to share flatbed scanners on a
    network.

    Gadget Guy Bob, Mar 14, 2004
  6. Tim Sheehan

    AndrewLekenko