    to printers that are hosted by WinXP or is it more likely a driver problem?

    Thanks for any assistance.

    David

    David, Feb 28, 2006

  2. this is a driver issue. Contact Dell.

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfo....id=S2500&message.id=5409&c=us&l=en&cs=&s=gen

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Feb 28, 2006

  3. David

    David Guest

    Alan,

    Thanks for the help. If I were to use a Microsoft-supplied PCL driver in
    place of the Dell driver, do you have any idea which one would be most
    appropriate?

    Thanks again.

    David
    -------------

    David, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Is this the Dell 1700N? If not what is the model? I'll ping the Lexmark
    people here and find out if they have a Lexmark to Dell comparison.

    I would think the inbox Lexmark Optra S or T MS drivers would work. Pick
    one that has 1200x resolution. I looked at Dell and they have the 1710 now.
    Pick one of the Lexmark's with a similar number.
    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Feb 28, 2006
  5. David

    David Guest

    The printer I have is a 1700 (not N). Thanks.
    -------

    David, Feb 28, 2006
  6. David

    Guest

    Hi,

    I have also just had the same problem happen in the last few days on
    two computers running Win2k

    Has anyone found a driver or a fix for the problem yet?

    Many Thanks

    Rich

    , Mar 8, 2006
  7. David

    Guest

    , Mar 8, 2006
  8. Thanks alot for this link it has saved my life!

    Many Thanks

    Rich

    Little_Richie, Mar 8, 2006