Windows XP Setup initialization error

Reaction score
hi, i was wondering if anyone can help me, i try and install a peace of software off of my pc and it does it through installshield. what i need help on is when i go to install it like the only message i get when i click on the setup is 'Setup initialization error' can anyone help me solve this problem? the cd has installed the software previousley and it worked, just not now.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
is the disc scratched ? it may be that the drive cant read it properly which is causing it to crash

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi, i need a hand now, it is photoshop 7 i purchased and well i have had it ages now. i have installed it and everything now, it loads up the screen where it shows the logo and says loading brushes, loding settings etc, then once that loads it just doesn't load, it exits the window and it doesn't show. how come this occurs?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i've done a bit of searching and it may be a problem with a font or the previous settings still being left after you uninstalled it, uninstall it then

copy this into the explorer address bar and hit enter

C:\Documents and Settings\**\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop (replace the ** with your account name)

you should have a folder named 7.0, delete it then reinstall

Ask a Question