    A4.

    Thanks
    Lucas

    Lucas, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Lucas

    KM Guest

    Lucas,

    I don't know about the general settings.My guess it depends on application and driver you use. At least I know for sure that some
    printer drivers have their own default settings (hard-coded or set in registry).
    Some settings are set through *.ppd files.

    Here is IE printer settings you can play with:

    [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

    Value : type Description
    PageOrientation : REG_DWORD Specifies page orientation. Valid settings are 1=portrait, 2=landscape. Default setting is 1.
    PrintQuality : REG_DWORD Specifies print quality. Valid settings are 1=draft, 2=final. Default setting is 1.
    PaperSize : REG_DWORD Specifies paper size. Valid settings are 1=letter, 5=Legal, 9=A4, 13=B5.Default setting is 1.

    For Acrobat Reader the settings are under [HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\5.0\AVGeneral]

    Another approach you can go with is to use PrintUI from command line (no user input required) to set up some printer preferences.
    See how to do that here: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html. (Use /Ss and /Sr switches - worked perfect for me).
    Some more help (tutorial) here: http://www.cendio.com/files/thinlinc/userguide/html/ch18s02.html

    --
    Regards,
    KM, BSquare Corp.

    KM, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Lucas

    Lucas Guest

    Thanks, I tried it out and it almost works.

    I can save the settings using /Sr command, but I get an error when using the
    /Sr command. The error says nothing and the settings file is not loaded.
    PrintUI.dll exists.

    /Lucas

    Lucas, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Lucas

    KM Guest

    Lucas,

    I guess you meant /Ss switch did not work for you?
    Well.. in any case I can't help you much. It worked for me (pretty big image, though). You will have to monitor the command with
    Regmon/Filemon to see what's missing and failing the call.

    --
    Regards,
    KM, BSquare Corp.

    KM, Oct 15, 2004