    Ultimate.

    Thanks.

    Toyman

    Toyman, Oct 28, 2008

  2. Toyman

    Malke Guest

    Toyman wrote:

    > Microsoft offered the Vista SP1 update to me via Automatic Updates a few
    > weeks ago. After reading posts about other folks difficulties with it, I
    > opted to wait. However, I'd like to give it a shot now. Is the install
    > still difficult, or has it been 'fixed'?
    >
    > I recall one (or more) of the MSVP's referring to a link to 'ease the
    > pain'
    > of the update. Problem is, I no longer see it. Can someone direct me to
    > a link(s) and/or provide other information to make the install relatively
    > uneventful?
    >
    > I need to put it on two machines, one using Vista Office, the other
    > Ultimate.

    I've done numerous SP1 updates for clients (and one for myself) and have had
    zero problems. Of course, success always depends on having a machine in
    tip-top shape, completely virus/malware-free, and all data backed up Just
    In Case.

    Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (MS site) -
    http://tinyurl.com/2rvqk5

    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages) - Unlimited installation and
    compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18, 2009 (MS
    site)
    http://tinyurl.com/2hlmzv

    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Support -
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/cc295800.aspx

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

    Malke, Oct 28, 2008

  3. Toyman

    Toyman Guest

    Thanks for the input. I reviewed the links you included, updated a couple
    of drivers, deactivated Avast, and ran the install on the laptop. All went
    well. The desktop needs more preparation, but I'll get there.

    Toyman

    Toyman, Dec 5, 2008