Service for Fujitsu Siemens

Reaction score
45 days ago I bought a Fujitsu Siemens desktop PC . Scaleo SP44, with flat screen, total price around 1000 GBP, from Comet. Yesterday it has broken down, and from tests made with their helpline it seems the motherboard has to be replaced. Surprise - Comet has no spare parts, Fujitsu Siemens has no spare parts - the motherboard has to come from Germany! That means that if everything goes well I'll be able to use again the computer in one week.
I am wondering how can it be that in the whole of UK there are no spare parts at stock for Fujitsu Siemens products (that's what I have been told by their helpline).
I need desperately the computer to be working everyday - I am a translator, work via Internet, and every day without connection is a loss of money. I am well aware that I hadn't asked for repair times when I bought the computer, but anyway, are such long times reason enough for returning the PC to the seller and ask for a refund? I cannot think of going on with possible breakdowns which would take such a long time to be repaired!
Sorry for the eventual mistakes in this message - I am no native British!
I have to say that I had chosen this brand because in the past I had been very happy with other models of FS, never needing a service - but should anybody chose to buy them in UK, beware of the long times for repairing!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Considering the mobo's coming from germany i think a week is pretty good, I waited a week just to get the ok on an Rma for a mobo and in all it took 3 weeks for the Replacement mobo to arrive....So don't knock it...Comet by the way is just a Distributor it would not hold spare parts for any product they sell..

Yes whenever there is a problem obviously downtime is an issue, we all need our pc's for work and are becoming more reliant on them every year.

Even if you did manage to get a refund this probably would not be processed in that time anyway, so just bear with it I'm sure the pc will be fixed before you know it....;)

Reaction score
what you say is right, crazylegs, but I probably wasn't clear in my message - I am not complaining against Comet, who are doing what they can, I am amazed that Fujitsu Siemens sells its computers in UK and does not keep any spare parts inland! This means at the end of the day a loss for them, because as soon as the warranty period has elapsed, or probably even before, I won't call them any more, I'll go to a local Company and have the PC refitted with whatever I can find within 48 hrs!
Thanks for your interest at my message, anyway

Reaction score
Actually, although you've been inconvenienced and it must be very irritating, this is absolutely NOTHING compared to my troubles with MESH Computers, about whom I could rant for hours! I've just bought a Fujitsu Siemens as a back-up to my MESH computer which keeps breaking down even though it is only a few months old. I'm hoping the F-S will be more reliable, and that the company itself will be more competent than MESH. Fingers crossed...

Ask a Question