Servers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Database server went wonky for a few moments there - I'm looking into the cause now. A forced reset seem to do the trick.

As much as I fear it, I think that this site might make the jump to Linux soon. The 2 windows servers are great when the work, but they are just causing too many problems. (Something seems to happen every few days!)

I'll keep you all updated on how things go :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
The Database server went wonky for a few moments there - I'm looking into the cause now. A forced reset seem to do the trick.

As much as I fear it, I think that this site might make the jump to Linux soon. The 2 windows servers are great when the work, but they are just causing too many problems. (Something seems to happen every few days!)

I'll keep you all updated on how things go :)
I "switched" to Linux ... :D

Sorry Ian, but I would not have used a Windows server ... flick the switch baby. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I know Linux is a better server, but I wouldn't know how to manage one, thats what has held me back so far :) I think its a good time to learn how though ;)

I've been told that once its has been hardened against attacks, there is very little to do apart from regular updates. If the server problems continue I think I'll switch to the dark side :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
dark side DARK SIDE ???

Oh come over to the LIGHT my man ... it's far nicer over here. :cool:

:D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I know Linux is a better server, but I wouldn't know how to manage one, thats what has held me back so far :) I think its a good time to learn how though ;)

im sure mucks can point you in the right direction for some reading material, do it you know you want to ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the moon should do the trick :D
"Rainbow Rising" ... Richie Blackmore's Rainbow.

im sure mucks can point you in the right direction ...
No problem. :thumb:

... turn it on ... back-up every day ... Done! :p

Reaction score
Managing linux server's isn't at all tricky.

Hope you iron out the problems with the current servers though Ian ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Another error seems to have been thrown into the mix :( The MySQL service keeps failing, however it restarts after 1 minute.

I'm working on this now, but it looks certain that things will switch over to Linux now.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
I thought it was just my connection that was playing silly devils, glad to know it's on the resolve list!

:thumb: Good luck if you hit the Linux trail, may the force be with you:thumb:

Ask a Question