    Workgroup config. Should I load XP over Win 2K or ??

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    KenP

    KenP, Jun 30, 2008

  2. You might as well load XP on the box and use that. You don't really gain
    anything by using a server as a workstation other than wasting a server
    license.

    hth
    DDS

    Danny Sanders, Jun 30, 2008

  3. KenP

    f/fgeorge Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:54:01 -0700, KenP
    <> wrote:

    >I hope I am in right section.
    >
    >I just replaced Windows 2000 server with a new Windows 2003 server. All
    >applications, users, etc. is set up on the new server. Now I want to use the
    >old Win 2K server as a work station. Is there anything special I would need
    >to prevent problems with the two Win 2K units on the network? Network is in
    >Workgroup config. Should I load XP over Win 2K or ??
    >
    >Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >KenP

    You COULD have problems if the two Servers try to do the same thing
    differently. If it makes no difference to you, you could load XP ORRR
    dual a dual boot so you could always go back to the old server if you
    ever had to.

    f/fgeorge, Jul 1, 2008