Sennheiser PX200 Headphones

Review Sennheiser PX200 Headphones

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Quadophile submitted a new article:

Sennheiser PX200 Headphones - Sennheiser PX200 Headphones

Introduction

Quality portable headphones in today’s age have a lot more importance compared to just a few years back. We did not have iPods, MP3 players, portable DVD players, portable gaming machines, state of the art and cutting edge multimedia laptops etc... Good reproduction is not just a need for audio only players but video players as well. The supplied earphones with most gadgets are just not good enough and after-market, higher quality headphones become almost mandatory if...

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
An excellent review of some top quality headphones, I particularly liked the folding stainless steel hinges and superb carry case and Portability, and if the price is only £28.44 inclusive of Vat i think these headphones are an absolute bargain....

If the midrange is as good as Quad says it is, then maybe i might just have to pick a pair of these up for my MP3 player, as the standard ones that come with it just don't do Stairway to Heaven any justice...:thumb:

Nice review Quad.....Informative and Detailed in content with very good Pic's...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Crazylegs,

Thank you very much for the feedback! :)

If you want I can later check out how Stairway to Heaven sounds on these and give you an exclusive feedback. However, I have no hesitation in saying that they really are a great set of headphones irrespective of whether I compare them to the high end one as I did or not.

Ian is also convinced and in a PM said to me that he is also going for them ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Great review! :thumb:

I especially like how they fold away, that's a very useful feature.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
Great review! :thumb:

I especially like how they fold away, that's a very useful feature.

The folding feature is the beauty of these headphones, ready to go out, when you are!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Popped out today to Chew & Osbornes which only stock very good sound and vision equipment, and had a look at these PX200's and yes they are a great looking and practical piece of technology which i am interested in buying, but not from that particular store as they were charging over £45.00 and on the net i can get them delivered for £31.00..

The sales assistant also showed me the PX100'S which were very nice also but were open phones, and he also showed me the PX250's which were also very nice and came with a noise suppresion unit but were £99.99 so i left him on that note and came away....

It's the 200's i'm going for on the strength of your review.....

And yes an exclusive feedback would be much appreciated.....

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs,

OK I will get back to you with my feed back later tonight when I take a break from the computer and have had my dinner.

Was it not possible for you to hear them in the store? That would have been very useful.

Later....

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs,

I carefully heard Stairway to Heaven on the headphones and all I can say is that these cans very admirably did full justice to the song, at the price and for the size.

The first few minutes of the song had the ambience which I am sure you are familiar with and the vocals were dead center. The clarity was good and it remained so even when at 5:40 or thereabouts into song, Bonham takes over. One more thing I need to add, the phones balance does not change no matter what volume you are listening, even at low volumes you get the full spectrum.

I think you will not be disappointed at all if you go for them.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks for that Quad...thats much appreciated ordered them 10 minutes ago....can't wait for them to arrive now......:thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs,

When will the headphones arrive? I am getting very curious as how you would find them withh regard to sound quality

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hopefully will arrive Monday morning... and i'm sure they will be just to my liking Quad...C'mon Quad for that money I surely can't go wrong....:eek:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs,

Yes, absolutely nothing to worry about :)

Just remember they sound better after you put in few hours, so give them time to settle down.

At the moment having fun with the 580 listening to Avalon - Bryan Ferry

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Stairway To Heaven? :eek:

Good grief, none of you ever seen Wayne's World? Take heed ;)

I love Led Zep, but that song sticks in my gullet, it's just too twee

And I heard it a gazillion times, me sick of it

Maybe it's just me ;)

Now, lemme go read that review......

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice review Mr Quad :thumb:

OK, I'm convinced, if I get me one of them Creative Zen thingies, the PX200 phones are the ones for me :)

Tempted now....

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thank you Mr Flopps :)

I am sure if you get them you will not be disappointed.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes absolutely superb Quad i have been wearing them all day and half the time didn't realise i still had them on...the Quality is superb and I am thinking about buying a second pair, because when people find out how good these headphones are in portability build Quality and sound Quality, they are all going to be telling everyone else and the price will surely Skyrocket.....

My mate has a set of JVC's which cost him £50...after trying mine he's ordered a pair already.

All down to you Quad my hat off to you for a superb reveiw which totally does these Cans justice....:thumb:

And what a superb price...Anyone who has read this review and is thinking about buying, get in there quick....

Oh and flopp's, Led Zepp's Stairway to Heaven was recently voted no.1 all time rock song...So it can't be that bad eh....Bonham twee come on dude....:p

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am very happy to know that you found them to be good sounding. If I did not think they were so good I would not write about them. :)

Let's hope others who buy them find them as good sounding as we did..

Wishing you many happy hours, days, weeks and months of listening pleasure! :D

Reaction score
An excelent in depth review Quad im impressed :) In fact so much im just about to order me a pair ;)

Great work!

Cheers Lee.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Lee,

Thank you for the feedback, it is always appreciated. I have not bumped into you as I was 'away' for a while. Welcome to PC Review!

Ask a Question