    Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my contact list? I want to tell everyone that I changed my phone number, but don't want to individually add each and every one to my "To" line. There must be a way to send to the whole list in one shot

    Also, how do I make it so that everyone's email addresses are hidden (i.e. how do I get "Undisclosed Receipient" to appear in the "To" line rather than each and every one's email addresses I send to)

    I appreciate any help.

    Guest, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Here's one way: Select all contacts in your contacts folder. Choose Actions
    | New Message to Contact. Cut and paste all addresses from To to Bcc.

    Another way: Create a new message. Click To. Select all addresses from your
    Contacts list as Bcc recipients.

    A third way: Select all contacts in the contacts folder. Choose Tools | Mail
    Merge and follow the prompts to create a mail merge to email with Word.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Apr 1, 2004

    D@annyBoy Guest

    put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via BCC

    D@annyBoy, Apr 1, 2004

    BRTurner Guest

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <> wrote:

    >put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via BCC
    >

    >"Wallflower" <> wrote in message
    >> Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my

    >contact list?

    [snip]

    Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to open email
    contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to end, hold
    shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's what he
    wants.
    Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few out; this
    with just under 400 contacts.
    How long to build a dist list?
    HTH

    BRTurner, Apr 1, 2004

    D@annyBoy Guest

    "BRTurner" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <> wrote:
    >
    > >put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via

    BCC

    > >"Wallflower" <> wrote in message
    > >> Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my

    > >contact list?

    > [snip]
    >
    > Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

    open email
    > contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to

    end, hold
    > shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's

    what he
    > wants.
    > Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few

    out; this
    > with just under 400 contacts.
    > How long to build a dist list?
    > HTH

    about the same time it takes for your suggestion

    D@annyBoy, Apr 1, 2004

    BRTurner Guest

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:03:15 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <> wrote:

    >"BRTurner" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via

    >BCC
    >> >

    >> >"Wallflower" <> wrote in message
    >> >contact list?

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

    >open email
    >> contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to

    >end, hold
    >> shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's

    >what he
    >> wants.
    >> Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few

    >out; this
    >> with just under 400 contacts.
    >> How long to build a dist list?
    >> HTH
    >>

    >about the same time it takes for your suggestion

    BS...or you have 2 contacts.

    BRTurner, Apr 2, 2004

    BRTurner Guest

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:03:15 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <> wrote:

    >"BRTurner" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via

    >BCC
    >> >

    >> >"Wallflower" <> wrote in message
    >> >contact list?

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

    >open email
    >> contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to

    >end, hold
    >> shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's

    >what he
    >> wants.
    >> Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few

    >out; this
    >> with just under 400 contacts.
    >> How long to build a dist list?
    >> HTH
    >>

    >about the same time it takes for your suggestion

    I wrote "BS...or you have 2 contacts."

    I apologize; your correct:

    "about the same time it takes for your suggestion"

    Sorry!

    BRTurner, Apr 2, 2004

    D@annyBoy Guest

    "BRTurner" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:03:15 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"BRTurner" <> wrote in message

    > >BCC

    my

    > >> [snip]
    > >>
    > >> Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

    > >open email
    > >> contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll

    > >end, hold
    > >> shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if

    that's
    > >what he
    > >> wants.
    > >> Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a

    few
    > >out; this
    > >> with just under 400 contacts.
    > >> How long to build a dist list?
    > >> HTH
    > >>

    > >about the same time it takes for your suggestion

    > I wrote "BS...or you have 2 contacts."
    >
    > I apologize; your correct:
    >
    > "about the same time it takes for your suggestion"
    >
    > Sorry!

    no problem :)

    D@annyBoy, Apr 2, 2004