    automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
    How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file as
    an email attachment? Thanks.

    couleecroche, Feb 15, 2009

  2. couleecroche

    Beth Melton Guest

    "couleecroche" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt to send an
    > open Word document by email via Outlook, Word freezes up, and Outlook does
    > not launch. When I attempt to close Word, I get an error message saying
    > that
    > I must wait for Outlook to open--which does not happen until I use the
    > task
    > manager to force Word to close. (Outlook then opens.) Outlook launches
    > automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
    > How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file
    > as
    > an email attachment? Thanks.

    Have you tried repairing your Office installation? In your Control Panel go
    to Add/Remove Programs and use the Repair option for the Microsoft Office
    2007 installation.
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Beth Melton

    Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102295841033.aspx

    Beth Melton, Feb 15, 2009

  3. couleecroche

    couleecroche Guest

    Thanks for the help, Beth, but, unfortunately, I tried your suggestion and it
    didn't work. Any other suggestions?

    couleecroche, Feb 16, 2009
  4. couleecroche

    couleecroche Guest

    I think I have isolated the problem. If I go to Start Menu, select Default
    Programs, then select Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, go to Custom,
    and select Microsoft Office Outlook, Word launches Outlook and sends the
    program normally. However, the setting is lost when I reboot. It goes back
    to "Use My Current-Email program" and there is evidently a conflict with
    Windows Mail. How to I fix this? Thanks.

    couleecroche, Feb 16, 2009
  5. couleecroche

    Beth Melton Guest

    If you view your Internet Options on the Programs tab, do you have Outlook
    set as your default email client?

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Beth Melton, Feb 16, 2009
  6. couleecroche

    couleecroche Guest

    Yes. And I have clicked off enable access to MS Mail. When I do this
    manually after booting up, everything works fine, but it does NOT retain the
    setting after I reboot.

    couleecroche, Feb 17, 2009
  7. couleecroche

    couleecroche Guest

    How do I force Outlook to save the changes I've made in selecting it as my
    default email program?

    couleecroche, Feb 17, 2009
  8. couleecroche

    Beth Melton Guest

    If your settings are being saved after rebooting then that's either a
    Windows or IE issue. Unfortunately I don't know about this issue. If it were
    happening to me I'd have to ask someone. :) I hate to send you to another
    newsgroup but it sounds like a Windows or IE newsgroup is the place to get
    your question for this answered. Here's a link the main newsgroup page which
    contains links to other newsgroups:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

    I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.

    Beth Melton, Feb 18, 2009