Security Update for Windows (KB923723)

Discussion in 'Windows XP Basics' started by Dallas, Feb 19, 2010.

  1. Dallas

    Dallas Guest

    hey all,

    this update below, has "updated" about 9X in the past 3 days! Why does it
    keep doing this or asking me to update it ? And what cane be done about it ?

    thanks very much

    "Security Update for Windows (KB923723)
    A security issue has been identified in the Step-by-Step Interactive
    Training application that could allow an attacker to compromise your
    Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your
    computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this
    item, you may have to restart your computer.

    Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597
    (Definition 1.75.924.0) Thursday, February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
    18, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
    18, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
    18, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
    18, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
    18, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February
    17, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February
    17, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February
    17, 2010 Automatic Updates
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Tuesday, February
    16, 2010 Automatic Updates

    --
    Dallas.....

    Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
    16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
    basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
    Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

    Dallas, Feb 19, 2010

  2. Dallas

    Dallas Guest

    And here's the topper - it's not even in Add/Remove!

    Dallas, Feb 19, 2010

  3. Dallas

    Dallas Guest

    it actually goes back to the 9th, with several instances of this each day.

    Dallas, Feb 19, 2010
  4. Dallas

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Go to Windows Update and deselect it

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Feb 19, 2010
  5. Dallas

    Dallas Guest

    hi peter - nice to see you & hope you're doing well. me ? not so much as myc
    ancer nhas recurred a 4th time now & anolther surgery pending.

    thanks fior the help & thought that might do it, but since i had multiples
    of it & they were not in add/remove, i thought it best to check with the
    best.

    thanks again peter & be well.

    Dallas, Feb 20, 2010
  6. Dallas

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Welcome Craig. Hope all will go well with your cancer surgery

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Feb 20, 2010
  7. Dallas

    Dallas Guest

    thanks peter & awaiting still for the authorization as i had the labs, ultra
    sound, the p.e.t. scans & had to have a neck biopsy on friday past, so just
    paying the waiting game. thanks again & be well & blessings to you....

    --
    Dallas.....

    Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,

    Dallas, Mar 7, 2010