    correctly, or remove this object from the selection.

    The user is there in the user & groups listings.

    How can I repair this ? ...is this an Active Diretory boo boo ?

    Guest, May 28, 2007

  2. Marbles wrote:
    > My c drive partition shows my user names I added "Bee Bop" When I
    > try to add this user name to the security tab for my other
    > partitions. It does not find the user name.
    >
    > An object named "Bee Bop" cannot be found. Check the selected
    > object types and location for accuracy and ensure that you typed
    > the object name correctly, or remove this object from the selection.
    >
    > The user is there in the user & groups listings.
    >
    > How can I repair this ? ...is this an Active Diretory boo boo ?

    What happens if you do not manually enter the name and do an "advanced "
    add?
    (Make sure the location is correct, click on find now, select the user "Bee
    Bop" from the list.)

    Or are you saying that is what you are doing?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, May 29, 2007

    The same thing happens under the advanced add user. The message... An object
    (User, Group or Built in security principal) with the following name cannot
    be found....

    When you click find now only the built in security accounts
    appear...Network, Authenticated Users... & so on.

    If i select users alone...then click find...error message "The following
    error prevented the display of any items....Unspecified error"

    What the next step in repairing this ?.

    and ensure that you typed

    Guest, May 29, 2007