Security rollup for service pack

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Windows Updates' started by Keith D, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. Keith D

    Keith D Guest

    Hi there,

    After a recent windows update on Windows 2000 clients we are having numerous
    problems. These range from no longer being able to save to floppy to blue
    screens at boot up.

    I know this problems is caused by the rollup update, BUT
    does anyone know how to recover the system after the blue screen WITHOUT
    needing a reinstall?

    The error messages are

    0x0000007B
    0x81877030
    0xC0000032
    0x00000000
    0x00000000

    Thanks for your help

    Keith D

    Keith D, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Keith D

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having the "blue screen" problem after installing this rollup. Here's my
    error message:

    0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xEB5B82CB, 0x00000001, 0x00000004)
    K_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

    I tried the fix recommended by MS at
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891861 - replacing the scsiport.sys file -
    didn't work. I also tried removing the update using "Add/Remove Programs" --
    no luck there either. For two days I've only been able to boot in secure mode
    and my cd drive will now only read, not write, so I can't backup enough data
    to reformat. I hope MS makes this hotfix available soon!

    Has anyone had any luck fixing this? Thanks for any help you can offer.

    Don G

    Guest, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Keith D

    Keith D Guest

    Hi Don G,

    At least yours boots up, I cant get this one too boot in any mode

    Keith D

    Keith D, Aug 18, 2005