    flash, java, active X, etc.

    Which program has primary control? Do I have to set each the same? . .
    .. . or what?

    Steve Pine, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Steve Pine

    kulm_nd Guest

    They have different duties. Zone Alarm is the top priority, even IE cannot
    communicate to the Internet unless you tell ZA to let it. Spybot protects a
    few IE settings and the Hosts file but it is not running in the background
    so it is the lowest.

    Stop using IE and you can control popups and cookies without all the others
    running, Mozilla and Opera both have capabilities IE will not have until the
    new XP Service Pack comes out (May 28th I beleieve).

    g-w

    kulm_nd, Apr 3, 2004