    search folder to search across mailboxes (multiple pst files and
    exchange mailbox)?

    Thanks!

    Milver, Jun 21, 2008

  2. Milver

    Milver Guest

    By the way, I have Outlook 2007.

    Milver, Jun 21, 2008

  3. Milver

    Gordon Guest

    "Milver" <> wrote in message
    > By the way, I have Outlook 2007.
    >
    > Milver wrote:
    >> Is there a way (3rd party, custom development, macro, etc) to trick a
    >> search folder to search across mailboxes (multiple pst files and
    >> exchange mailbox)?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    Click on "All Mail Items" in the LH pane - that will certainly search across
    all pst files you currently have open....can't speak for Exchange mailbox as
    I don't have one...

    Gordon, Jun 21, 2008
  4. Milver

    Milver Guest

    On Jun 21, 11:37 am, "Gordon" <> wrote:
    > "Milver" <> wrote in message

    > > By the way, I have Outlook 2007.

    > > Milver wrote:
    > >> Is there a way (3rd party, custom development, macro, etc) to trick a
    > >> search folder to search across mailboxes (multiple pst files and
    > >> exchange mailbox)?

    > >> Thanks!

    > Click on "All Mail Items" in the LH pane - that will certainly search across
    > all pst files you currently have open....can't speak for Exchange mailbox as
    > I don't have one...

    I know that the "search" function can search across mailboxes, but I
    am interested in the "search folder" functionality so that the results
    of the queries are shown in this "virtual" folder. The issue is that
    "search folders" can only search within the mailbox they reside. I
    want to have a "search folder" that processes a query through my
    personal pst files and my exchange mailbox...

    Milver, Jun 21, 2008
  5. No you can't make search folders that work across data stores.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:

    ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
    when requesting assistance **

    Diane Poremsky {MVP}, Jun 22, 2008
  6. Milver

    Milver Guest

    I guess I was in denial...I knew it was not possible, but I was hoping
    an advanced developer would have coded a workaround to collect all
    results into a single search folder. I would assume that this is a
    fairly common request as exchange folders tend to have size limits as
    well as pst files. Live Search in outlook is a solution, but it is
    annoying that I gotta setup my search query every time and I cannot
    persist the query (hence search folders). Also, if I click in other
    folder away from the live search, I loose it.
    I was hoping Outlook 2007 would have included a way to search across
    those "data stores"...Is there a hope for having this feature in
    future releases?

    Thanks anyways...

    Milver

    Milver, Jun 23, 2008
  7. There is always hope... at least for some things. I *think* its on the
    drawing board.

    Diane Poremsky {MVP}, Jun 23, 2008