Subject: Search files based on "A word or phrase in the file"
From: "NA" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 4/16/2004 1:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Trying to determine if this is my computer or a Windows XP
Pro "feature":

- All types of Searches on attached devices (local drives)
works fine.

- Searching for file names works fine on network shares.

What does not work is searching based on "A word or phrase
in the file" ie. text within a file on network shares. I
also tried setting up drive mapping (example: net use q:
\fileserver\sharename) and then performed the search on
the Q drive - this did not work either.
Get AgentRansack, a free search engine that actually works, from
www.agentransack.com. You'll never use XP Search again!

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***